Benefits of the NZ Sports Academy Rugby Programme
- The New Zealand sports academy have a proven track record and have been successfully training rugby players, teams and coaches for 16 years.
- We are the only fulltime academy in New Zealand bringing together players from New Zealand and Overseas from February through to November
- Receive world class coaching with innovative coaching techniques – Improving & developing your individual rugby skills
- Train and develop alongside 25 young Maori players every day – Learning a different style of rugby, Maori rugby
- Meet and learn from New Zealand rugby legends and mentors
- Receive a rugby focussed strength and conditioning programme tailored to you and your position.
- At the gym you will be partnered with another NZSA member always under the watchful eye of our trainers making for a professional and structured training regime.
- Continued rugby mentoring after you leave, you’re part of the NZSA whanau (family).
- Watch Live Super Rugby and ITM Cup rugby, enjoy the atmosphere of being amongst New Zealand rugby fans.
- Be part of the NZ Sports Academy Team and play invitational rugby and rugby league games through out the year.
- Play with other NZSA players in a local club team in the Bay of Plenty competition
New Zealand & Maori culture
- Learn about Maori culture & people.
- Be immersed in our way of life with our Maori players. They come from all over New Zealand . Learn about their life and where they come from, just as they will be interested in you! Make lifelong friends.
- Manaakitanga (Hospitality) is part of our culture, Maori take pride in hosting and taking care of our visitors. Parents can be sure their sons will be well looked after in our NZSA family(whanau)
- Learn traditional parts of our culture
- Tikanga (Maori traditions and customs)
- Our NZ Sports Academy haka (war dance)
- Waiata (songs)
- Mau rakau (Maori martial arts)
- Ta Moko (Maori tattoo)
- Experience the NZ way of life and develop life skills
- Enjoy NZ sights and activities